DIY Foot Lotion



A few weeks ago I saw a recipe for a DIY foot lotion on the DoTERRA website. I have been living in my flip flops all summer and haven't been taking very good care of my feet. So I thought I would give this a try. It was super easy! Here is the recipe and directions:

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon beeswax
2 tablespoons cocoa butter
4 tablespoons shea butter
1 tablespoon  virgin coconut oil
2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
5 drops Peppermint essential oil
5 drops Melaleuca essential oil
 
Directions:
  1. In small glass container, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
  2. Place in saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of boiling water.
  3. Stir ingredients until combined (around 5-10 minutes). 
  4. Once melted, remove from heat and let rest 3 minutes.
  5. Add essential oils and stir.
  6. Let mixture come to a solid. To quicken process, place in refrigerator.
  7. Once solid, use an electric mixer to whip lotion.
  8. Gradually come to high speed and whip for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
  9. Place in container. To use, rub on heels to help soften and soothe them.
I put it on at night before I go to bed or before I put socks on in the morning. I have seen a HUGE difference! The cracks in my heels are almost gone! And the lotion smells amazing! 




Comments

Popular Posts