Natural Health with the Top 10 Essential Oils

When I first started using  essential oils, I started with an enrollment kit called the Family Physician Kit. The name has since been changed to the Family Essentials Kit, but the oils are the same. Here are the top 10 oils:


Lavender is considered a must have oil to always have on hand. It's great for easing feelings of tension, promotes a restful sleep, and soothes occasional skin irritations. I use my lavender roller to calm my son when he's overly hyper and at night we diffuse it to promote a restful sleep. I also like to rub it on the bottoms of my feet to help calm my mind before bed. 

Lemon is an uplifting and refreshing oil. I drink a drop in my water all day long, everyday. You can cook with it and clean it. Lemon makes an amazing cleaner and also removes anything sticky. I have used it to clean grease off my stove and then turned around and baked cookies with it. Lemon is extremely versatile.
Peppermint is another oil we use in our house on a regular basis. It's great for an upset stomach or if you're feeling a little car sick. It promotes healthy respiratory function when taken internally and is a great pick me up when inhaled. I also use this oil to make peppermint mochas and in my brownies. They're amazing!



 Melaleuca, also known as Tea Tree, is one of my favorites. This oil is great for your hair and skin. Works wonderfully on cuts, wounds and mosquito bites. I've used it for ear infections, colds and believe it or not, it's my go to oil for cleaning my toilet! 


Oregano is a strong and powerful oil. It offers powerful antioxidants and is a major cleansing agent. Plus, I love cooking with it! It's also a huge immune support. If you have a virus, you definitely need to be using your oregano. Whenever there's a bug going around, everyone in my house is taking oregano in a veggie capsule and rubbing it on their feet. 
Frankincense, known as the King of Oils, promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness when used aromatically. This is your go to oil when you don't know what oil to turn to. I used to shy away from it because I wasn't fond of the smell, but now, I use it ALL the time! Especially when I'm feeling a cold coming on or if I'm getting a migraine. I put a drop under my tongue and before long, I'm feeling great!


 Deep Blue has been another life saver, literally. I've had four ACL reconstructions and with that comes achy joints when I've over done it and inflammation. Deep Blue is my go to oil when I can't get to sleep because the pain is too much. I rub a couple drops on my knees and within seconds, I have relief and rest peacefully.


Breathe is the respiratory blend and one that we use in our house daily. I diffuse it every night to promote clear breathing. We live in a dry climate and this is truly an amazing blend. I also use it when we have a cold and are experiencing congestion. I rub a drop with Fractionated coconut oil on the chest and under the nose. You will fall in love with this oil if you haven't tried it yet, I promise!


DigestZen is another doTERRA blend that I carry with me everywhere. Its for all tummy issues. Feeling like you ate a little too much. Use your DigestZen. Feeling a little queasy? This is your oil. It has fennel and peppermint, which eases your stomach. Another oil that you need in your medicine cabinet.

Last, but not least, OnGuard, the protective blend. This is an extraordinary blend that is great for immune support. I use OnGuard everyday, all day long. I use the OnGuard toothpaste 2-3 times a day, I wash my hands with the OnGuard foam hand wash, I clean with the OnGuard concentrate and when I feel a scratchy throat coming on, I take a couple OnGuard beadlets. Like I said, I use this oil ALL day long! And I love the smell! I also diffuse this with Breathe every night because I know its helping my family stay healthy.

Comments

Popular Posts